Sunday, October 20, 2013

Through My Eyes

At the end of last term and the beginning of this term we have been writing recounts from the viewpoint of an object or person at Oaklands School. These are going to be created into films. Here is Sylvia's insightful recount...

With a beep I wake up, fully charged and ready for the day. I scan my surroundings and see a couple of teachers come out of the office, heading towards their classrooms and students walking past to their friends. The bell rang as children race past me, towards their classrooms trying not to be late. I take a look around realizing there was no one there.

The bell rang for morning tea. Children are walking out of the classrooms with food in their hands. I saw a kid walking past and she sits on a bench in front of me. I turned left to see a group of other girls walking towards her whispering. Feeling curious I zoom in to get a closer look. The group spots her and turns towards her. I try to get a closer look but the girls were blocking my view. Feeling annoyed I wait patiently for them to leave. The bell rings indicating that it's time for class. When they finally left I see the girl sitting there crying. She stands up and sadly walked back to class.


Around halfway through lunch I glance around and see the same girl from morning tea limping to the sick bay with her friend by her side. I felt shocked. How did she get hurt? Who hurt her? Was it those girls. The poor girl enters the office. I look around and see the group of girls laughing while hiding behind a bush.


After lunch I see classes line up and walk into the hall one by one. Once they were all inside, after a while I could see the group of girls sneak inside. What are they up to? I wonder curiously.
The bell rings and I immediately see kids race past and adults trying to find their children. I see the girl who I had seen at lunch crying on the bench below me. What happened? The group of mean girls laugh and stick out their tongues out at her as they walk to the car park. I frown and decide to have a nap and get ready for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment