Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cartoons

Over the past few weeks we have been looking at how to draw cartoons effectively. This is the follow on from the Neill Shasky workshop at the beginning of the term. The techniques we have discovered are:

  • take your time
  • sketch outline lightly - add details later
  • start with simple shapes
  • mould the shapes together
  • doesn’t always have to be neat
  • make sure shading is in one direction
  • add texture - eg rugged lines
  • tilt pencil when shading
  • cartoonish - not a portrait
  • use different shadings

Here is Tamara's

I think I am relational because I have used over 3 techniques my next step is to use all of my techniques 

Here is Serena's 

This artwork is at Extended Abstract because I have chosen different strategies to change the picture to give a better effect, And have different techniques.

And here is Oliver's 

 
I am Multistructural because I can apply several relevant 
techniques in my cartoons I draw. 

My next step is to be Relational because I need to use the best 
techniques that suit the cartoon I am drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment